Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Death Penalty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    Correct translation from the Greek is Thou shall not commit murder.

    That said, I have a huge problem with the death penalty. Recent advances in science (DNA) has proven our system to be what I've always believed it to be (all the justice you can afford) and (lets play politics with this defendants life).

    We hear about another case of gross miscarriage of justice being discovered by DNA testing every few weeks. How about all the cases were DNA testing isn't even an option?

    People, we have put far more innocent people to death than most would ever imagine. We have innocent people sitting on death row today, and we will soon have new innocent folks headed that way.

    If the system was foolproof (no pun intended) then I'd say, go for it. But our system not only has holes it has gaping gashes. Imagine the horror of being sentenced to death and being executed for something you didn't do. At one time some hardcore types would argue that that didn't happen but DNA advances have proven them wrong, very, very, very, wrong.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    I am not against the death penalty at all. If you can truly have the evidence as in the case being talked about then whoever it is should be put to death. If there is not overwhelming evidence, then life with no parole would be a better option.


    Not directing this at anyone, but has anyone ever noticed some people will use the Bible and thou shall not kill when it come to death penalty. Then later on use religion has no place in the law? I've seen it several times.
    crack is whack

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Death Penalty

    I know you weren't directing that towards me, but I had to clarify myself. I wasn't intending to mean that religion has any place in law. But I also realize that this country was founded by people who believed in God. Does religion have a place in law? I dunno, but the country was way better off when it did. Besides, if you believe in God then you realize He has a place in everything.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •